"The Mysteries of Takht-e Soleyman" tries to uncover the story of the ancient area of Takht-e Soleyman (Solomon Throne), Zendane Div (Solomon's Prison) mountain and the ancient structures built around the lake centuries before, along with exploring the untouched depth of the lake. The documentary will also shed some light on the animal and plant life of the area, as well as its geological features. The research team is composed of some of highly distinguished professors and researchers from University of Tehran and Sharif University of Technology. The film crew used the state-of-the-art equipment and modern technology to explore the Takht-e Soleyman lake and its long-inherited legends and myths.
- Born: 1970 - Tehran - Iran.
- Member of Iranian Short Film Society (Khaneh Cinema)
- Armin Isarian is an Iranian director, producer, and screenwriter. He studied filmmaking at the University of Science and Culture and then spent four years studying Western Philosophy at Islamic Azad University. During the time he has been making films, he has also taught filmmaking – screenwriting in several universities and institutes such as Iranian Youth Cinema Society (since 2005), University of Applied Science and Technology (2012-2013), and Maktab Tehran School of Art (2013-2015).
- Here you can check out a list of some of his films and awards.
Short Films: Dinner Time (2008), Dreams in the Depths (2013), Redemption (1998), Lost (2000), Spring Shower (2009), ...
Documentaries: Iran-Tehran (2010), Isfahan, Half of the World (2011), Iran, the Land of Mysteries – Shiraz (2012), Bam’s Requiem with Mozart (2003), Mahshahr Petrochemical (2004 - 2007), The Largest Carpet in the World (2007), Shourehgaz Road (2007), National Library (2007), ...
TV Series: Kitchen, 100 episodes (2010 - 2011), Someone Like Us, 13 episodes (2011), ...
Commercial Teasers: ( since 2001) Over one hundreds
Writer: Kajal (feature film,2014), ...
Actor: Jungle (feature film, 2011), Raw Cooked Burnt (short film, 2010), Private Room (theatre, 2001), The Long Walk (short film, 2010), ...
International Awards :
- Best Film Award for "ِDinner Time" from Morocco Film Festival
- Best Film Award for “Dreams in the Depths” from Shanghai International Film Festival
- Best Screenplay Award for “Dreams in the Depths” from Shanghai International Film Festival
- Best Film Award for “Dreams in the Depths” from Tree of Life Festival
- Best Film Award for “Dreams in the Depths” from Critics of Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival
- Best Film Award for “Dreams in the Depths” from audience of Washington, D.C.
- Silver Award for “Dreams in the Depths” from IFVA (Incubator for Film & Visual Media in Asia)
- Selected Film for “Dreams in the Depths” from Isle of Wight Festival.
- Selected Film for “Dreams in the Depths” from Big Sur International Short Film Screening Series.
- Selected Film for “Dreams in the Depths” from Tampere Film Festival.
National Awards :
- Honor Award for "ِDinner Time " from Tasnim Festival.
- Second Prize for “Dinner Time” from Akharin Monji Festival.
- Born: 1978 - Zanjan - Iran.
Graduate student of Iranian Youth Cinema Society (IYCS)
Teaching Experience : Teacher at IYCS in the field of editing and cinematography – Zanjan Branch
Editing and Cinematography Experience :
Feature Films :
“Stone Curtain” (Best Featured Film in the Oslo Festival – Hungary)
“At the Time of Freedom”
“Running in Fog”
“The Soldier and the Illusionist” (Best Short Film in London Iranian Film Festival)
“Saline Men” (Best Short Film in Auburn International Film Festival – Australia)
“Whale Hunter” (Short narrative film- Selected and nominated best screenplay in Hasanat film festival iran- Selected Kashan film festival iran)
Cinematographer and Editor of more than 30 Short Films
- Born: 1966 - Tehran - Iran.
- Babek Sobhi began professional studio work (1985).
Short Films: Yanki (ECHO) (1993), Istanbul Istanbul (1994), MEDIA (1996), VE GÜNEŞİN KALBI KABARDI (AND THE SUN’S HEART SWELLED) for ÇEKÜL (Foundation for the Promotion and Protection of the Environment and Cultural Heritage)(1994), And love was a prayer (persian short film) (2000), Saye (2001).
- He took part in an international workshop in Datça organized by FIMA, the Austrian Ministry of Culture and Eskişehir’s Anadolu University. During the workshop, he made his film project POEM. He began teaching in the sculpture and ceramics department of private college Akademi İstanbul, a project he continued until 1999 (1995).
- He translated a selection of work by Iranian poet Ahmed Shamlu into Turkish. The product, OVA BÜSBÜTÜN SİS (THE PLAIN IS A SHROUD OF MIST), was published by Turkish publishing house İyi Şeyler(1998).
Awards: He made the short film JOURNEY about the life and work of Italian architect Raimondo D’Aranco in Istanbul. The film won the Marmara University Communications Award and went on to screen at the Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival(1995). JOURNEY was selected for screening at the Kodak sponsored Media Wave International Film Festival in Hungary.
- Held his first solo exhibition at the Istanbul based gallery, Çizgi (1990).
- He exhibited his work at the International Wood Sculpture Symposium organized by the Municipality of Değirmendere.
- His second short film ISTANBUL ISTANBUL screened at the 1st Interdisciplinary Arts Festival ‘Oh, Wonderful Istanbul’, an event organized by the Ministry of Culture at Istanbul’s Yıldız Palace, where he also exhibited a selection of sculptures and installations. He held an exhibition of new work at the Enka Rönesans Gallery.
- He continued making installations in various places. He took part in a project with a wood sculpture that expressed the sense of depersonalization in Etiler (1994).
- He took part in an exhibition at Istanbul’s Atatürk Culture Center organized by the Association for Contemporary Living (ÇYDD)(1995).
- He exhibited a selection of reliefs and sculptures in the grounds of advertising agency Cen Ajans Grey. He made four large outdoor sculptures, two of granite and two of marble, for the Oasis project in Bodrum (1997).
- He worked on restoring the façade of the Greek Consulate building on Beyoğlu’s main street, İstiklal Caddesi, repairing sculptures and reliefs. He returned to Akademi İstanbul to head the ceramics and sculpture department (2002).
- He set up a sculpture and mask studio at the Ekol Drama and Arts College (2003). He created SUNFLOWER, a 6mx3m sculpture of pink marble, in Diyarbakır.
- He produced a giant SUNDIAL in Dağkapı Square, Diyarbakır, comprising a 20m2 ellipse of different stones. The Sundial works with the human shadow (2005).
- He completed a ceramic relief of the GILGAMESH EPIC, 14 months in the making, in Diyarbakır. The relief is circled by a ceramic relief of cuneiform script.
- He began work in Diyarbakır on the interior surface of a ceramic relief illustrating the GILGAMESH EPIC. The circular relief measures some 225m in circumference (2006). He completed the 230m exterior surface of the GILGAMESH relief, a ceramic work in Sumerian cuneiform script addressing the theme of social justice and freedom.
- He added to his Diyarbakır portfolio with THE TIGRIS and EUPHRATES, a 6.5mx2m beige marble sculpture of two intertwined doves symbolizing Mesopotamia. He added to his work in Diyarbakır with THE TIGRIS and EUPHRATES, a 6.5mx2m beige marble sculpture of two intertwined doves symbolizing Mesopotamia (2007).
- He completed the mounting and assembly of the GILGAMESH and CUNEIFORM ceramic reliefs, a work that was two years in the making. Completed the mounting of the SUNFLOWER sculpture. Man and woman, the inner world of the individual, a sense of the past and the imaginary make up the principal themes of Babek Sobhi’s work (2008).
-Born: 1978 - Iran
Education: B.S. in Software engineering.
Over 18 years of professional experience in creating animation and working as a Visual-Effects Artist .
- The Young Researchers - Season 1&2 - (Animation Series) - Director
- Fajr Satellite (Animation) - Director
- Rasad (Animation) - Director
- Sepehr (Animation) - Director
- The Astronaut (Animation) - Director
- Liberation of Khorramshahr (Animation) - Director
- The Rallye (Samand and Megan) (Animated Short) - Director
- Heaven (Animation) - Director
- The Evening of Ashura- Director of Clip
- Fishbowl (Animated Short) - Director
- Housing Foundation of Islamic Revolution (Animated Teasers) - Director
- Nokhodi (Feature Film) – Visual Effect
Award:Winner of Best Visual Effect Award for "Nokhodi" from Hamedan International Festival for Young Adults
Creating animation teasers for: Industrial Management Institute, Fajr International Film Festival, Cinema Verite (IRAN Int'l Documentary Film Festival), Khaneh Cinema, Iranian Youth Cinema Society (IYCS), Hamedan International ّFilm Festival, Int'l Urban Film Festival, National Iranian Oil Refining & Distribution Company, Iranian Fuel Conservation Company, Iran Khodro (Vehicle manufacturer), MobinNet Telecom Co., Melli Bank, Tejarat Bank, ...
- Born: 1970, Tehran, Iran
- Archi-tourism Academician, Professional Registered Architect
- Ali Afshar is an academic member of architecture in Eqbal Lahoori Institute for Higher Education and an invited lecture in some national and international universities. He holds a PhD in architectural studies from University of Putra Malaysia and a master degree in architecture from the Faculty of Fine Arts in University of Tehran. His researches focus on a substantial amount of investigation in vernacular architecture and tourism studies and their application in scientific and business problems. At the moment, he is a member of the board and the head of design, research and development department of SABAT Kish Company.
Gholam Reza Ahmadi (Production Designer)
( Executive Producer)
( Diving Superintendent & ROV Pilot )
Ardalan Mirza Nasir
(Diving Operation Designer)
- Ardalan Mirza Nasir
- Armin Isarian
(Timelapse Crew Supervisor)
( IT-expert )